The excitement of thoroughbred racing partnerships at Parting Glass Racing began in 2001 with Tom Gallo, a horse industry and partnership expert, and Joan Desadora, owner of The Parting Glass Pub in Saratoga Springs, NY. Our business concept for thoroughbred partnerships originated from our love of horses and the excitement of racing combined with the Irish Pub tradition of getting people together and having a great time.
Parting Glass Racing strives to provide stellar customer service and a complete racehorse ownership experience that lets you enjoy all that racing has to offer. For the cost of a vacation, you can be part of a unique, full-service racing organization with few responsibilities, many benefits, and lots of fun. Now is a great time to experience the thrill of owning a racehorse.
Our strategy is simple and straightforward for each of our thoroughbred racing partnerships in the Parting Glass horse racing partnership stable:
- After careful genetic and confirmation analysis and a complete veterinary exam, we purchase the best New York-Bred specimens we can find. New York-Breds run with the advantage of bigger purses and restricted races along with a Multi-Million Dollar restricted Stakes Program. Typically all of our current prospects qualify for this program. New York is on the verge of implementing a VLT program that has the potential to double purses at all New York racetracks. Add that to the most lucrative breeding and racing program in the world, and we have fantastic potential for success.
- We offer limited shares in our horse racing partnerships to interested parties, concentrating on fillies for their residual value, but also buying precocious colts we feel have the potential for greatness.
- Thoroughbred partnership owners pay a one-time capital expense plus a lump-sum annual expense for the cost to maintain the racehorse.
- Parting Glass Racing distributes the net purse and owners' awards earnings to owners quarterly.
- Parting Glass Racing dissolves the LLC when the horse has been retired from racing. Horses are disbursed through claiming races or public auction.
Parting Glass Racing is dedicated to providing its thoroughbred partnership owners education, communication, and information. When you become a horse racing partner, you will have access to as much information as possible related to our race horse partnerships by:
- Communicating on a bi-weekly basis via e-mail with news and updates about your and the other PGR horses. This helps new thoroughbred partnership owners better understand our training decisions.
- Issuing a monthly newsletter that highlights the PGR thoroughbred partnerships horse updates, interviews a PGR member, and offers new information about upcoming events and new LLCs. The newsletters are also available to owners on-line.
- Facilitating continuous access to the PGR horses and the managing member, Tom Gallo.
- Distributing quarterly reports that document all expenses in line-item detail. This provides those who are new to horse racing partnerships an education on the cost of racehorse maintenance, and gives all owners the comfort of knowing where their expense dollars are being spent. Parting Glass Racing does not mark up expenses. Members are paying the real costs of racehorse ownership.
- Organizing a monthly meeting for PGR owners and the public. The agenda typically includes a discussion with a racing industry leader, and offers the chance for owners to ask questions, learn more about thoroughbred racing partnerships, and socialize with fellow racing fans.
Our goal is to win races, educate owners about partnerships in thoroughbred horse racing, and increase the value of the Parting Glass Racing horses. We strive to maximize your racehorse ownership experience so you will stay with Parting Glass Racing as repeat clients. Browse our site to learn more about racehorse investment, thoroughbred partnerships, racehorse retirement, and why Parting Glass Racing partnerships are your best choice to become a horse racing partner - always fun and exciting!
Call 1-877-RACE-WIN (722-3946) today for more information, or contact us online.